A little info about me...
In 2004, after 12 years of working at newspapers in Oregon, California and Texas I quit my staff job to branch out on my own and become a full-time freelance photographer.
Besides marrying my wonderful wife Shari almost 25 years ago, this was the best decision I had ever made.
I wish I was smart and could tell you that I foresaw the downturn in the newspaper business, but no, my reason was much more selfish.
I have the two most wonderful daughters in the world, and working for myself let me be a “Work from Home Dad” to be there for them as they grew up.
I slowly built my business from a few assignments a month the first few years to over 230 different shoots last year.
A lot of photographers will tell you about the awards they have won and the cool clients they have shot for, but really, besides my mom, who cares?
This is what you should know about me:
- I love what I do, and know how lucky I am to be doing this for a living.
- My wife and kids are the most important part of my life and every decision I make is based on what is best for them.
- I love good food and cocktails, especially when shared with friends and family. Not cheap, bad drinks from dive bars, but well crafted high-end cocktails (not that there is anything wrong with dive bars - I like them too).
- I live in the best place in the world and will never move, but I do travel for work. Last year I photographed assignments all over Oregon, as well as in Washington, Utah, California and Texas, Indiana, and Oklahoma.
- Every year I make New Year's resolutions, and I almost always keep them. One year it was to finish a one crossword puzzle with our using the internet, it took me doing one almost everyday but I did it. Last year my resolution was to unfriend anyone on Facebook who posted a photo of their family wearing matching pajamas on Christmas, (I'm going to miss some of those friends) This year I resolve to make and eat sushi for me and my wife, and try to like it. She likes it a lot, I can't stand it.
I would love to work with you. I promise I will work hard, we will get great photos and have fun.
If you have questions, call or email me and we can talk. I look forward to working with you.